The Art of Begging

My humom always likes to munch on delicious treats that she never shares with me! What happened to the phrase “Sharing is Caring”???

This is when I have to turn up my begging skills…(Cue the big puppy dog eyes…)

Mia: Mom…why you no sharesies your popcorn with me?? 😦

Crap…it’s not working…wait! I have to rest my head on the couch. That always gives it that “AWWW!!!” factor!

Mia: Pretty please mom??….It smells so good….

Why is it still not working??? What is going on here? Her eyes are glued to that stupid bright colored tee vee thing!

Ok…next plan…I need to get closer to her to get her attention! Yeah that’s it!

Mia: Ummm..Hi mom?…You wanna share some of that popcorn with me now? Pretty pretty please??

What the dog!….It’s still not working!

Alright…time for plan C. Wait for my opportunity to catch some fallen pieces of popcorn when my humom grabs some from the bag….

…wait for it….wait for it….

…SUCCESS!!!!!….

In the end, my humom gave me a few more pieces of popcorn. I mean…c’mon…how can she resist my big puppy dog eyes and this adorabull face???? Heehee…

Have a great weekend friends!

Mia wallpaper

20 thoughts on “The Art of Begging

I know the popcorn isn’t on your diet, and my only question is how did your humom hold out so long? You have begging down to a science. Oh, I do have one more question: is you name pronounced with a long I sound or a long E sound?

Liked by 2 people

• Amy says:

Good to know how to say your name in my head, LOL. Just today someone said they had to go pick up their daughter, MY YA. And aren’t you on a raw food diet?

2. Dakota/Caren/Cody says:

My Mom does the same but NOT with popcorn! Mom always pops it herself …she buys the regular kernels, and puts it in the microwave with no oil. Then, when it comes out she drizzles it with olive oil and parm cheese!!! She always shares it with me (she breaks the pieces so I don’t choke), even Cody comes over to get some!!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

When my humom makes her own popcorn on the stove she will make a special batch for me 🙂 but store bought from the bag, she’s more cautious about because she doesn’t want me eating anything with lots of salt and flavoring on it. 🙂

3. rubytheairedale says:

Oh gurl, how in the WORLDS could your MOms resist THAT face??!!!!! I thinks she has a stone cold heart, I do! I would have given you at least half the bag! Butts, I am glads your persistence was rewarded. (at least you didn’t gets any slobber in the bag…I would have done that ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

4. Anarette says:

Begging certainly is an art. It has to look like something totally different so the humans think they give something out of free will. I think I perfected the art. I learned from the best; Ms Zulu was my teacher. Benji

5. Three Pups and a Couple of Kitties says:

Mia! You have turned begging into an art form. We are going to study your pictures, practice hard and see if it does us any good. ~ nose nudges Bonnie, Belle and Bessie.